Click Me

Friday, June 12, 2009

The Setting Sun

My enthusiasm for scenic pictures has fueled me to search for the best area where I can catch a glimpse of the golden sunset. Taking my amateur digital camera, my friend and I rode our car and set out to have the memories of the setting sun on cam. We ended up in a dock were we had our packed dinner while waiting.

I know for a fact that the sun rises on the east but I don’t know if it sets on the west. More so, I don’t know whether this dock lies on the north, east, west or south. Am I facing north now? Uurrgghh, frustration! I should have brought along a compass (which I also didn’t know how to use btw so it would have been futile just the same).

Well, you can’t blame me, the four corners of the earth where not much talked about in school and nor was it discussed in girl’s scout! Or maybe it was tackled, but I was absent, mind was soaring out of class, late, not interested or for any other reasons, I probably have missed it!

Enough for the alibis!!! Looking at the photograph I’ve taken you can safely assume that I was not successful in choosing the spot! It was passed 6:30pm and I didn’t see any signs of the sun’s disk slowly fading into the horizon. We drove to another location but alas, it too was not the sight I was hoping for.

But even so, I have enjoyed it. I might get lucky next time and until then, catching the sunset on my camera would just have to be another dream.

It was almost 7:00pm so we apt to drive a little further and reached higher ground and guess what we got? You’ll have to read my next post, for that!












Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for visiting my site. YOu are most welcome to write your comments. Come and visit again, soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home